Monday, March 5, 2012

Sunday Thoughts on Monday

John 14:1-4
"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know."

I have posted before that the church we have been attending is one in transition. There are good and bad points to this situation. We have found having a different pastor each Sunday very refreshing. So far they each have had a very different preaching style but every message has been delivered with heart.

This past Sunday was no different. I found the reminder of trusting in God very helpful. What he had to say about trust though was very insightful, at least to me. He made the comment that sometimes our search/hunger for clarity can cloud or even replace the trust we need to place in Jesus.

Wow, yes! I so want clarity. I feel restless, I want direction, I want to understand completely. Not understanding makes me restless. Yet another reminder that I shouldn't have clarity, I should feel restless. For He will be calling me by my name, Vickie. Call me home, and have a place prepared for me. For me alone and for each of you he has a place which will no doubt have a sense of peace and clarity to it.

John 14:19 "A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also."

I wish for each of you that His grace shines so brightly you abandon a sense of clarity and instead follow and trust the path he has lit for you! I will sincerely be praying this for myself this week and all of us.

Blessings, a little late but needed on a Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment